Sheepish HDF Warning

Hi Folks,

Thanks to those of you who responded to my plea for help with
an HDF file. Turns out I wasn't crazy, just neglectful. I thought a
warning might save others of you some needless trouble.

My HDF programs weren't working because I was using
IDL version 4.0.1 instead of IDL version 4.0.1b. Once I upgraded,
all was fine. Apparently *lots* of bugs in the scientific data
formats occurred in this minor release. You can download the
4.0.1b version and PostScript files for the changes from
the regular IDL software sites. I would say don't try
scientific data formats (HDF, CDF and netCDF) without it!

Cheers!

2642 Bradbury Court, Fort Collins, CO 80521
Phone: 970-221-0438   Fax: 970-221-4762
E-Mail: davidf@dfanning.com
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com