[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: a=a(*,*,[4,1,2,3,0]) efficiency
- From: Ray <muzic(at)uhrad.nospam.com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 08:56:43 -0400
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:11515
I am wondering about the efficiency of the following
; read data from file into a which is an integer array 128x128x5
; open, ..., read a, ... close,...
; reorder data
Does IDL make a temporary copy of a when size of the left
hand side (a) is the same as the right hand side a(*,*,[4,1,2,3,0]) ?
If so, is there a better way to reorder my data? In my application
the last dimension of a is typically much greater than 5 (e.g. 300).