[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
My software collection
- Subject: My software collection
- From: "Mark Hadfield" <m.hadfield(at)niwa.cri.nz>
- Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 10:27:18 +1200
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: NIWA
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:11889
This is another quick advertisement for my collection of IDL routines, now
The emphasis is on making Object Graphics easier to use without discarding
the flexibility. The routines run only under IDL 5.1 (with a few exceptions)
and have been developed on Windows NT, but should work OK on any platform.
* A small set of general-purpose Object Graphics classes to represent a 2-D
graph and a smart window, with print and graphics-file output functionality.
* Some enhanced graphics objects, including ones that represent a colour
scale (better than RSI's color bar IMHO) and a colour or greyscale density
* An object interface to netCDF files.
I would particularly appreciate feedback about whether the window class,
MGHgrWindow, displays properly on platforms other than win32. I have heard
rumours that it does not, but I am sure this can be fixed with the right
choice of RENDERER and RETAIN settings.
Mark Hadfield, email@example.com http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield/
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research
PO Box 14-901, Wellington, New Zealand