Re: Routine_info bug in 5.2

Stein Vidar Hagfors Haugan wrote:

> There appears to be a glitch in the handling of non-existing
> routine calls. Try the following:
>
> IDL> doesnt_exist
> % Attempt to call undefined procedure/function: 'DOESNT_EXIST'.
> IDL> print,routine_info()
> $MAIN$ ..... DOESNT_EXIST .....
>
> This is causing a bit of a headache in some of my routines
> which attempt to write and compile routines on the fly. To
> speed things up, the routines will skip the process if the
> routine is already compiled (showing up in the routine_info()
> list).

RESOLVE_ALL is also confused by this behaviour:

IDL> doesnt_exist
% Attempt to call undefined procedure/function: 'DOESNT_EXIST'.
% Execution halted at:  $MAIN$
IDL> resolve_all
% Compiled module: RESOLVE_ALL.
% Attempt to call undefined procedure/function: 'DOESNT_EXIST'.
% Error occurred at:  RESOLVE_ALL_BODY  100
/opt/server/idl5.1/idl_5.1/lib/resolve_all.pro
%                     RESOLVE_ALL       156
/opt/server/idl5.1/idl_5.1/lib/resolve_all.pro
%                     $MAIN$
% Execution halted at:  $MAIN$

        Alex
--