[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ASCII data with 5000 columns
- Subject: ASCII data with 5000 columns
- From: "R.Bauer" <R.Bauer(at)fz-juelich.de>
- Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 20:58:16 +0000
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Forschungszentrum Juelich
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:13901
how to read an ASCII datafile with 5000 data coloumns.
The length of each line is about 56400 characters or longer.
reads, readf don't work because the max stringlenth is exceeded.
The only way I know to read is readu.
I separate the numbers in the byte array convert them to string and at
It's a bit unbelievable that's idl is able to handle more than 2 Giga
only if they are organized by lines and a few columns.
Any further ideas?