[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Randomu in 5.2? Not working
- Subject: Randomu in 5.2? Not working
- From: "Mathew Yeates" <mathew(at)fugue.jpl.nasa.gov>
- Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 11:52:43 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Jet Propulsion Laboratory - Pasadena CA
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:14241
We just went from 5.1 to 5.2 and I'm noticing different behavior.
Here's my 5.2 session
IDL> res=randomu(a,1) ; set seed using system clock
I then exit IDL and start a new session..... and get the same result!
I verified that this does not happen when I use 5.1.
I tried waiting a few minutes in between invocations of randomu but
this didnt seem to fix. Any clues?