[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Idea for an IDL numerical toolbox
- Subject: Re: Idea for an IDL numerical toolbox
- From: steinhh(at)ulrik.uio.no (Stein Vidar Hagfors Haugan)
- Date: 14 Apr 1999 18:20:47 GMT
- In-reply-to: email@example.com's message of 13 Apr 1999 10:01:58 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: University of Oslo, Norway
- References: <37124B1B.73391DCB@ssec.wisc.edu> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:14378
Ok, now I think I have it....
With the assistance of the ftnchek utility, I have now
successfully generated several DLMs from f77 source files.
The script assumes that a *.for file and its *.dcl file
(generated with fntchek) is to be converted into a *.c file, a
*.f file (with no main program), and a *.dlm file.
Compiling the .c file and the .f file together into a
shareable object file makes the thing available for IDL, if
the IDL_DLM_PATH includes the directory.
It's a pretty "dumb" perl script, but it does the job for many
applications -- more info later (if I have the time, which I
really don't!), but for now you can take a look at