[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Experimental FAQ relocation (PROXY solution)
- Subject: Experimental FAQ relocation (PROXY solution)
- From: mgs(at)ivsoftware.com (Mike Schienle)
- Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 12:18:18 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Interactive Visuals, Inc.
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:14623
Hi all -
Due to the problems a few people have had with proxies that don't allow
communication with port 591, I've moved the FAQ to port 8000. Could those
with problems reaching the FAQ on 591, please try it on port 8000 and let
me know if you have any success? Here's a link to try:
Thanks to Glenn Cooper for suggesting a non-privileged port (ports above
1024 are non-priveleged).
If this doesn't work, I've already sent a request to my ISP to add a name
to a spare IP address and I'll serve the FAQ from that address.
Please keep the feedback coming so I can make this worthwhile for everyone.
Mike Schienle Interactive Visuals, Inc.
email@example.com Remote Sensing and Image Processing
http://www.ivsoftware.com/ Analysis and Application Development