[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Adding to IDL's help files.....
- Subject: Re: Adding to IDL's help files.....
- From: "R.Bauer" <R.Bauer(at)fz-juelich.de>
- Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 17:17:06 +0100
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Forschungszentrum Juelich
- References: <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:14939
Phil Aldis wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone knew if there was the capability to add
> chapters or new books to IDL's help.
> I writing this really large program and I'm going to have to provide
> help for it. I would like if ti was just like the insight help, in
> that from my program, I could simply call my help with a context
> specifier. The user could then also search the help, as standard help
> as well.
> Does anyone know how this could be done, using IDL's help. Or do they
> have any other ideas about how I could do this. It has to work on both
> UNIX and windows, so I can't just use NT help.
For unix you need the hyperhelp development to produce your own hyperhelp
It was to expensive for me so I did documentations in latex and converted
to html by latex2html. Then you have a very good printable ouput and as
well a good hypertexthelp.