[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: Set Precision???????????
- From: Anil Kochhar <anilk(at)mtolympus.ari.net>
- Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 11:42:53 -0400
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Giganews.Com - Premium News Outsourcing
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:15178
I'd like create a varible which always holds numbers out to 6 places
passed the decimal point, and 4 numbers before the decimal point (e.g.
1999.123456). I tried double
precision but this seems to only hold 8 digits total for decimal numbers.
However I would like to create a variable corresonding to a fraction of a
Year (e.g 1995.123456). I have not been able to find a procedure allowing
me to create 10 digit decimal number , without the number being rounded
off to 8 digits.
Does anyone know of a way to declare a variable to hold a 10 digit
- Thanks in advance