[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: For which versions of RH Linux does IDL 4.01b work?
- To: Lev Tarasoff <lev(at)atmosp.physics.utoronto.ca>
- Subject: Re: For which versions of RH Linux does IDL 4.01b work?
- From: Liam Gumley <Liam.Gumley(at)ssec.wisc.edu>
- Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 10:39:18 -0500
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Space Science and Engineering Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- References: <Pine.SGI.email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:15308
Lev Tarasoff wrote:
> I've got a linux version of IDL 4.01b that was set up
> on RedHat Linux 4.0. However, I have just upgraded my
> PC workstation to Redhat 6.0 (2.2.5-15 kernel) and I
> can't even get the IDL install routine to work. Is
> there any way to make it work on this version of RH linux?
> If not, what is the most recent version of RH linux that
> could be made to work with IDL 4.01b?
If you want to stick with Redhat 6.0, you'll need to upgrade to IDL 5.2,
which you can download from ftp://ftp.rsinc.com/pub/idl/unix/
To get IDL 5.2 to work under Redhat 6.0, a patch is required. The
instructions below were posted by Olivier Archer
(mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org), and have been used here successfully for
two different Linux systems.
Here's another way to get around the problem.
The goal is to define the setfpucw function
#gcc -fPIC -c __setfpucw.c
#ld -shared -o __setfpucw.so -assert pure-text __setfpucw.o
define the LD_PRELOAD environnement variable before launching
Liam E. Gumley
Space Science and Engineering Center, UW-Madison