[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Passing zero as a Parameter/ NOT KEYWORD_SET
- Subject: Re: Passing zero as a Parameter/ NOT KEYWORD_SET
- From: philaldis(at)geocities.com (Phil Aldis)
- Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 14:09:55 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Defence Evaluation & Research Agency
- References: <377773B4.8DEAE40@garnet.acns.fsuMMER.edu>
- Reply-To: philaldis(at)geocities.com
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:15468
I expect Grady didn't realise the can of worms he was opening.
I find that I tend to use :
Keyword_Set() for flags : See if the user wants an option on or off
N_Elements() for numeric values : Test to see if they have defined
it. If they have then test its validity. If anything fails then set
Arg_Present for returning : e.g. in a getProperty or setProperty
method see if the user wants a particular property returned.
This discussion shows, though, that while we often spend a lot of time
disussing really complex problems, it is still the very simple, yet
fundamental questions which provoke the most interest.