Re: Exceed and IDL

bkrrrrr (beaker@llama.pilz.cack) writes:

>  I copied your script to idl_startup.pro, and saw it
> run at startup.  However, I then found the problem is actually
> caused by the person who wrote the program setting retain=0 when
> calling WIDGET_DRAW for some obtuse reason.  grrrrr...

Several obtuse reasons for setting RETAIN=0 in a draw widget
come immediately to mind:

   (1) You are using object graphics in the window, in which
       case RETAIN should *always* be set to 0.

   (2) You know how screwy colors can be and you wish to
       protect the colors associated with this application
       by "restoring" your colors every time the widget is
       exposed.