[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
area enclosed by a poylgon on a sphere
- Subject: area enclosed by a poylgon on a sphere
- From: Ronn Kling <ronn(at)rlkling.com>
- Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 17:57:11 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Deja.com - Share what you know. Learn what you don't.
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:15947
I need to be able to find the area enclosed by an arbitrarily shaped
series of lat/lon points on the surface of the Earth. I have been told
that I can solve this using Green's Theorem, but before I gut through
the math I was hoping that someone would have solved this and be willing
to share the code. If it is already in IDL that would be great, but any
language will do.
Ronn Kling Consulting
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't.