[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Problem: Filled contour Plots
- Subject: Re: Problem: Filled contour Plots
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 22:06:46 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:15966
Amit (email@example.com) writes:
> I have been trying to make contour plots where some of the levels are
> filled either with lines or with a solid color, with limited success.
> I am using map_set to define a grid and plot gridded data over the
> globe. My plotting instructions are as follows:
> sometimes it works and sometimes I get the error message:
> Internal error: Border sort.
> With some of the datasets I try to plot, even though all my datasets
> have exactly the same format. I also get the same error message if I
> try to specify the levels I want to plot with levels=[...]
> Any Insights ?
All I know is that it is hopeless to get filled contour
plots to work correctly if you use the NLEVELS keyword. :-(
See these articles:
P.S. With filled contours and map projections it doesn't
ever hurt to have the very latest version of IDL, either. :-)
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155