[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Animated GIF Object... HIGHLY BETA
- Subject: Animated GIF Object... HIGHLY BETA
- From: "Matthew J. Sheats" <sheats(at)lanl.gov>
- Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 15:59:07 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Reply-To: sheats(at)lanl.gov
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:16373
Last week there was a short lived discussion about the lack of an
animated gif reader/writer for IDL. Welp, far be it from me to let a
problem like that stand unchallenged. So I began working on one.
After about 10 hours of work, I have a GIF89A Reader working. It's IDL
Object Oriented. You instantiate the object, tell it what file you want
it to load, and it loads all frames into a linked list. (So in memory).
From there you can (at this point) display the gif.. and that's about
it for right now. (Mainly because it's 4 pm on a Sunday, and I want to
Right now it supports:
* Full Gif 89a support (as far as I can tell)
* Global Color Map
* Local Color Maps
* Comment Display (The Gif Workshop from Mindspring loves those...)
* Looping (But won't loop infinitely..)
* Loop Delays
* Application Data BLocks
* Assorted other goofiness I can't think of.
So, if anyone wants to try it out.. I'd like a few people to run it
over there favorite gifs and see what happens. Just drop me an e-mail
and I'll send it over. At the moment, it requires my own linked list
class as well...
In the next week I plan to add editing/writing capabilities, and better
data access capabilities to it.
Los Alamos National Laboratory