FLASH - Colors Update

Folks,

Speaking of having your cake and eating it too,
I just learned what may be the secret for having
24-bit color AND having the colors in your IDL
graphics windows automatically updated when you
change color tables.

This will work ONLY for those machines (e.g., UNIX)
which support a DirectColor visual class. Set the
BYPASS keyword on the DEVICE command to 0, like this:

   DEVICE, DIRECT_COLOR=24, BYPASS=0

I can't try this on my machines, but the person who
passed this tip along to me was pretty sure it would
work. Make sure you do this before you open any
graphics windows in your IDL session.

I'd appreciate knowing if it works for you.