[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: gaussfit question
- From: "mirko" <mirko.loehmann(at)student.uni-magdeburg.de>
- Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 16:08:38 +0200
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Otto-von-Guericke-Universitaet Magdeburg
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:16987
I have a 2D dataset representing a surface (intensity plot of x-ray
and i like to fit these data with GAUSS2DFIT() function which does not work.
So I tried to fit one line of the dataset wit GAUSSFIT which does not
This it is confusing to me because other math computer programs
have no problem with this simple curve.
Is there something I have to consider?
IDL> y=[52.0,52.7,56.0,60.9,65.40,71.40, 75.20,
101.3,97.2,92.1,87.4,87.0,82.5,77.4,69.9,67.7, 62.1, 58.9, 53.4,53.8]
% Compiled module: GAUSSFIT.
% Compiled module: POLY_FIT.
% Compiled module: CURVEFIT.
% Program caused arithmetic error: Floating underflow