[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: IDLWAVE 3.7
- From: Carsten Dominik <dominik(at)astro.uva.nl>
- Date: 12 Nov 1999 16:44:39 +0100
- Distribution: world
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Dept. of Math., Comp. Sc., Phys., Astro., University of Amsterdam
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:17256
IDLWAVE, the GNU Emacs package for editing IDL files and running IDL
as a subprocess under Emacs is now at version 3.7. I consider this
release final, but I will continue to fix bugs.
- Completion of Object Methods now works much better, and can actually
deal with the mixed case (like IDLgrModel etc) of these words.
Thanks to JD Smith who convinced me to implement this, came up with
many important suggestions and has patiently checked a long row of
- IDLWAVE can scan the entire IDL library for information about
available routines. That information is then available for
completion and routine info display.
- I have tried to make IDLWAVE cooperate with the IDL online help. In
the Routine info display you can click on items to get the online
info about them. Unfortunately this does not work as well as I had
hoped because of the *brain-dead* ONLINE_HELP command. If anyone at
RSI is interested I can provide them with a list what this command
needs to be useful.
- Exiting IDL cleans up the buffers related to the shell. It also
kills the dedicated frame. Thanks to E. Dors for this suggestion.
- Documentation finalized. The printed documentation is 24 pages.
Available online in Emacs (info), as postscript and HTML.
Carsten Dominik <email@example.com> \ _ /
Sterrenkundig Instituut "Anton Pannekoek" |X| _
Kruislaan 403; NL-1098 SJ Amsterdam /| |\ _ _ _/ \
phone +31 (20) 525-7477; FAX +31 (20) 525-7484 ___|o|____/ ~~ \___/ ~~~~~