Re: how to debug IDL with call_external?

pei zeng wrote:
I have an IDL application which calls a FORTRAN code(quite large). When I
run it, it crashed the application and would not allow me to debug the
fortran code.
Have you tried to use a debugger?
I work with call_external of C code and I use dbx for debugging.
I run the dbx after IDL launching (on the process id of IDL).
After your code has linked the shared object, set a break point on your external code and
it is possible to trace the execution.

Cheers,
    Nando

--
Nando Iavarone
Advanced Computer System - SPACE DIVISION