text aspect ratio when resizing object windows

I wonder if there is an easy way to keep text legible when resizing an
object graphics window. I am using object graphics to display a simple
2-d plot. To handle resizing events from the plot window, I use the
following:

PRO plot_Resize_Event, event
   Widget_Control, event.top, Get_UValue=info, /No_Copy
   ; Resize the draw widget.
   info.plotWindow->SetProperty, Dimension=[event.x, event.y]
   info.plotWindow->Draw, info.plotView
   Widget_Control, event.top, Set_UValue=info, /No_Copy
END

this works fine except for the text, which gets stretched out of
proportion when the aspect ratio of the window is changed too much.

How can I scale the plot properly while maintaining normal-looking text?

Thanks

Brad