Re: error with sort

R.Bauer (R.Bauer@fz-juelich.de) writes:

> Dear David,
>
> that's all right, but why get I different results on different Operation
> Systems?

I'm reliably informed that you get different results because
IDL uses the system supplied qsort() routine on each platform,
and as they are different implementations, they are free to
return different sub-orders for the identical elements.

But, as I say, I can't see how it makes much difference,
although I did appreciate Wayne Landsman's perspective.