[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: error with sort
- Subject: Re: error with sort
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 17:26:19 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <3879D1B0.7444B790@fz-juelich.de> <3879E60C.ABD55B0B@fz-juelich.de> <MPG.email@example.com> <3879F9A9.E5291846@fz-juelich.de>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:17966
R.Bauer (R.Bauer@fz-juelich.de) writes:
> Dear David,
> that's all right, but why get I different results on different Operation
I'm reliably informed that you get different results because
IDL uses the system supplied qsort() routine on each platform,
and as they are different implementations, they are free to
return different sub-orders for the identical elements.
But, as I say, I can't see how it makes much difference,
although I did appreciate Wayne Landsman's perspective.
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155