[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: TVRD() and WRITE_GIF
- Subject: Re: TVRD() and WRITE_GIF
- From: Ian Dean <Ian.Dean(at)GECM.COM>
- Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:02:33 +0000
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- References: <email@example.com> <MPG.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:18132
Yes, I agree with Mark, it would be nice if IDL could grab the whole
screen (or top-level widget and all sons/daughters).
It's OK to use a screen grabber, but when using multiple platforms, this
is not that easy, especially when the users may not be computer literate,
but can manage to select a button marked "Print Screen".
Mark Buckley wrote:
> David Fanning <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
> > All you are going to be able to get from within IDL is
> > the contents of a graphics or draw widget window. Usually
> > (thank Goodness!) this is what you want in your GIF file.
> > When it is not (for example, when you want to see the
> > whole graphical user interface of a program), you will
> > have to get some kind of screen capture tool.
> Yup, that was my intention. We already have a grabber that we use
> (xv under Solaris) for some screenshots, I was just thinking that
> it would be nice to be able to do it from a button on the GUI, rather
> than firing up a seperate application.
> Ok, thanks for your help!