Problems with IDL under X

Hello,
I've Linux Red Hat 5.2 installed
on a 586 in my office (peg3) and I'm trying to use
IDL Version 5.2 (it also!!) [an application for
data processing and graphics] installed in a PC
in the same office (peg2).
I've actually XFree86-3.3.3-1 installed on peg3.
I connect with telnet at peg2 from peg3 (all xhost
and DISPLAY setted) and i can run idl in a xterm
(textual mode only) but when I try to open a window
I obtain a message of error as shown from the
following text:

{attico@peg2:~}$idl
IDL Version 5.2 (linux x86). Research Systems, Inc.
Installation number: 45216-0.
Licensed for use by: Dip Fisica Universitta di Pisa

For basic information, enter "IDLInfo" at the IDL> prompt.

IDL> window
% Unsupported X Windows visual (class: StaticGray, depth: 0).
  Substituting default (class: <UndefinedVisual>, Depth: 0).
% Execution halted at:  $MAIN$

Now, I'm not very expert of X and I don't kwnow what can
be the problem...
I will appreciate any suggestion about it.
Thanks in advance,
Nicola

Nicola Attico
Dip. Fisica - Pzza Torricelli, 2 - Pisa - Italy
E-Mail: attico@peg2.difi.unipi.it
© 2000 by Nicola Attico, all right reserved