Re: TeXtoIDL fix for IDL 5.3

Randall Smith <rsmith@kracko.harvard.edu> wrote in message
owemabj2db.fsf@kracko.harvard.edu">news:owemabj2db.fsf@kracko.harvard.edu...

> Anyway, it turns out that RSI, in a fit of what can only be described
> as morally degenerate programming, added a new function (strtok) to
> the language, although they _didn't_ see fit to document this (it's
> apparently part of the new string routines stregex, strjoin, strmatch,
> and strsplit that are in IDL 5.3).

It's even more irritatingly trivial than that. They added strtok, then
decided to call it strsplit, but instead of renaming it they wrote strsplit
as a wrapper. Strsplit's code, in its entirety, is:

    function strsplit, string, pattern, _ref_extra=extra

    if (n_params() eq 1) then return, strtok(string, _extra=extra) $
    else return, strtok(string, pattern, _extra=extra)

    end

I hope RSI doesn't sue me for violating copyright by reproducing this. Think
of the advantage their competitors could gain by perusing it!

P.S. No more frivolous posts for a week, I promise!

---
Mark Hadfield
m.hadfield@niwa.cri.nz  http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield/
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research
PO Box 14-901, Wellington, New Zealand