widget_table

Hi
The following code (compliments to David Fanning) is intended to
generate two tables.  The first is a column lable for the second which
is to be edited by the user.  The problem is that when I run this code
on my Mac with IDL 5.3 there is what appears to be an extra column and
row on the right and bottom of each table.  Adding /scroll does not
cover this space up. In fact, it makes it worse.  What causes this extra
space and how can I get rid of it.
Also, a search on this newsgroup indicates that everyone hates
widget_table.  How can I accomplish the same thing without using
widget_table?
thanks.
-Brian

 PRO TABLE
 tlb = Widget_Base(Column=1)

 labels = ['test1','test2']
 col_labelID = widget_Table(tlb,$
 	Value=Labels,/no_headers)

 values= Findgen(10)
 values = Reform(values, 1, 10)
 info={values:values,values2:values}
 tableID = WIDGET_TABLE(tlb, /Editable,$
   Value=[info.values,info.values2],/no_headers)

 Widget_Control, tlb, /Realize
 XManager, 'table_example', tlb, /No_Block
 END

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.