[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
IDL on FreeBSD
- Subject: IDL on FreeBSD
- From: Jörg Retzlaff <jrl(at)mpe.mpg.de>
- Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 14:00:37 +0100
- Newsgroups: comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc,comp.lang.idl,comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Rechenzentrum der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft in Garching
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc:123401 comp.lang.idl:1758 comp.lang.idl-pvwave:18652
I am desperatly trying to run IDL (V5.3) on FreeBSD 3.4 - but no
success! I know that people have reported that previous versions of
IDL (5.2.x) are running fine.
I have modified the relevant shell scripts so that FreeBSD is
recognised as Linux OS. On execution idl immediatly crashes with a
Segmentation fault. Other idl binaries such as idlde and lmstat
which belong to the distribution do the same. Linux compatibility
is installed on my system and I believe nothing points to a missing
library problem. Also I have used brandelf - without success.
Interestingly idlhelp does work without problems. (It seems to be
I am new to FreeBSD. Does the Segmentation fault point towards a
particular kind of problem in this case? Can I check explicitly for
problems with libraries?
Any help appreciated.