[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Q: contour levels from IDL
- Subject: Re: Q: contour levels from IDL
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 12:13:00 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <email@example.com> <MPG.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:18965
Mirko Vukovic (firstname.lastname@example.org) writes:
> ??? I remember a note that nelvels does note guarantee the number of
> levels, but not much else. Any other discussions you can refer me to?
> My problem is how to choose intelligent levels. The only way I could
> think of is to plot (2dplot) the z component of the data in a temp
> (ram?) window, and observe the z ticks used by IDL, and use those as
> contour levels.
Here is how I do it. I typically pick equally spaced
contour intervals (I.e., what I *thought* IDL was
suppose to be doing. :-)
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: email@example.com
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155