Compiling shared libraries for use with call_external on a Mac

Hi,

A question for those out there who have used call_external in IDL with
(hopefully) C subroutines on the Macintosh.

I have an older version of Metrowerks Codewarrior (IDE 1.6.3, CW 9),
and have set the Project type to shared library, in the preferences
for the project.  However, it doesn't seem to want to compile and
produce the shared library (it keeps looking for main(), while
the C file I'm compiling only contains a collection of subroutines).

I've (obviously) never created shared libraries before, so if anyone
has any pointers to help create one of these things, that would be
great.  The documentation is scarce or non-existant in this matter.

Thanks in advance,

-- Greg

--
 Gregory G. Arkos          Institute for Space Research
 arkos@NOSPAMphys.ucalgary.ca    Department of Physics and Astronomy