[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Compiling shared libraries for use with call_external on a Mac
- Subject: Compiling shared libraries for use with call_external on a Mac
- From: arkos(at)NOSPAMphys.ucalgary.ca (Gregory G. Arkos)
- Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 15:08:24 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Institute for Space Research
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19235
A question for those out there who have used call_external in IDL with
(hopefully) C subroutines on the Macintosh.
I have an older version of Metrowerks Codewarrior (IDE 1.6.3, CW 9),
and have set the Project type to shared library, in the preferences
for the project. However, it doesn't seem to want to compile and
produce the shared library (it keeps looking for main(), while
the C file I'm compiling only contains a collection of subroutines).
I've (obviously) never created shared libraries before, so if anyone
has any pointers to help create one of these things, that would be
great. The documentation is scarce or non-existant in this matter.
Thanks in advance,
Gregory G. Arkos Institute for Space Research
arkos@NOSPAMphys.ucalgary.ca Department of Physics and Astronomy
Voice : +1 403 220 6958 The University of Calgary
FAX : +1 403 282 5016 Calgary, Alberta, CANADA T2N 1N4