Re: Built-in date / time routines

Andy Loughe (loughe@fsl.noaa.gov) writes:

> I have inherited code which utilizes these built-in IDL routines:
>     var_to_dt
>     dt_subtract
>     dt_to_var
>     dt_add
>
> Would someone please tell me what happened to these?
> This time I could not even find them in the obsolete directory.

These routines flared into brilliance and then disappeared
like one of those...uh, stars. (My God, I've just alienated
the entire Astronomy community with my poor memory.)

Apparently someone's great idea was not Y2K compliant. :-(
I think they can be found in only one version of IDL
(the one your friends were running, apparently).