[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
tvrd and device,decomposed=0
- Subject: tvrd and device,decomposed=0
- From: "R.Bauer" <R.Bauer(at)fz-juelich.de>
- Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 20:42:38 +0200
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19414
Hi David and all others,
This may be again a favourite question about color problems, I hope not.
If I have a true color table and I have set device,decomposed=0
the online help says:
"Set this keyword to 0 to cause the least-significant 8 bits of the
color index value to be interpreted as a PseudoColor index.
This setting allows users with DirectColor and TrueColor displays
to use IDL programs written for standard, PseudoColor displays
WITHOUT MODIFICATION: :-(
I have to use tvrd() by the true=1 keyword.
The TVLCT,red,green,blue,/get returns colors which I have to translate
color_quan to pseudocolor.
I don't know how I get the same colors by color_quan as someone using
only 8-Bit colors.
If the device graphics mode is changed from 3 to 6 and back the colors
are mixed. This did not happen if I have used 8-Bit colors.
Why are the results of tvrd and tvlct not itself changed automaticly