Re: Arrays: strange feature ?!

David Fanning wrote:

> Luca Fini (lfini@arcetri.astro.it) writes:
>
> > IDL is clearly a language grown by piling up things with no previous
> > design. Its syntax is crazy and some characteristics are very annoying.
>
> Some of us find in IDL the same subtle intelligence
> that pervades the Universe. If it seems crazy to us,
> it is because we haven't evolved our consciousness
> enough to perceive the underlying plan.

I agree, but the universe perhaps has to be this way, while a
programming language *could* be for sure more clearly structured that
IDL.

Even this array stuff Nicolas complains about isn't a bug but a feature
(i.e. the syntax of IDL) like Alex pointed out.

But another more funny 'feature' is this:

IDL> print,'abc'
abc
IDL> print,"abc"
abc