[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
SPAWNing IDL from IDL under UNIX
- Subject: SPAWNing IDL from IDL under UNIX
- From: "D. Mattes" <dmattes(at)u.washington.edu>
- Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 14:29:06 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: University of Washington
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19689
hello IDL gurus: here's a fun self-referential problem that i REALLY need
solved. i have a lengthy minimization process coded using IDL. what i
would like is to allow the user to use my widgets to set minimization
parameters, etc. and then spawn idl as a UNIX process which runs the
so i would use spawn to set the idl startup file:
spawn,'setenv IDL_STARTUP my_min_proc'
then, i would like to spawn idl as a unix process, using the unix 'at'
spawn,'at now; idl; ^D'
the preceeding command starts idl using the specified startup file, but it
runs in the current terminal shell. if i exit the shell, i lose the
any insight into this issue would be greatly appreciated!