[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Filtering data in multidimensional arrays
- Subject: Filtering data in multidimensional arrays
- From: Simon de Vet <simon(at)mathstat.dal.ca>
- Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 10:44:20 -0300
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: ISINet, Nova Scotia
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19837
I have a 3 dimensional array, of size (20,40,13). This represents
(Flight Number, Point Number, Data Type). The flights range from 3-19.
Each flight has between 10 and 40 points. They all have the same number
of data types. Using the replicate command, I have filled the empty
array locations with -1111.
Now, I want to plot this data, with all the negative values in the first
two dimensions ('Bad Data') removed entirely. I have fooled around a bit
with WHERE, but I can only understand it when it's applied to one
How can I use it in my particular case? Is there another solution?