[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Creating a GIF file from a graphics window in IDL
- Subject: Re: Creating a GIF file from a graphics window in IDL
- From: Michael W Asten <masten(at)mail.earth.monash.edu.au>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 14:39:14 +1000
- Distribution: world
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Monash University
- References: <394EA050.1C70A2DB@uic.edu> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19998
Liam Gumley wrote:
> <email@example.com> wrote in message news:394EA050.1C70A2DB@uic.edu...
> > I was wondering if anyone knows how to write a GIF or JPEG file in IDL
> > using the image that appears in a window. Otherwise, it would also be
> > helpful If there was a way to create an array from the window's
> > contents. Thank you.
> Try SAVEIMAGE:
Or (with less sophisication) use the native idl commands
I regularly use these from the idl command line (or within a program) to
grab an image and then insert the resulting "picture file" into a WORD
report or powerpoint presentation.