[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
MINIMUM DISTANCE BETWEEN TWO CURVES
- Subject: MINIMUM DISTANCE BETWEEN TWO CURVES
- From: "Mark C." <mychan(at)petro-canada.ca>
- Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:43:26 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: CADVision Development Corporation (http://www.cadvision.com/)
- Reply-To: "Mark C." <mychan(at)petro-canada.ca>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:20042
a=f(x,y,z) and b=g(x,y,z), both a and b are separate curves. (Not straight
lines. Nor do they loop over themselves). f and g are unknown functions.
Only know g and f by some points in 3D space. Points are irregularly spaced.
Find the minimum distance between a and b. Give the coordinate where this
minimum occurs in term of the nearest point on a and the nearest point on b.
Does anyone have a routine to do such calculation using IDL? Any other
Thanks in advance,