[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
problem with IDL statistics
- Subject: problem with IDL statistics
- From: ectucker(at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:48:01 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Deja.com - Before you buy.
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:20066
In my code I have the line:
result=randomu(seed, binomial=[3.8e7, .72])
this freezes up the code (acts as if it is in an infinite loop) at the
If i change the 3.8e7 to 3.9e7, it works fine.
It seems that certain ranges of values work and others don't.
It doesn't matter if I use integers, long integers, double
I get the exact same problem when I use other similar statements, such
again it freezes up for 3.8e7 but not 3.9e7
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.