Object Graphics Selection

Hello!
I'm running into a problem when trying to select an object from my object
graphics window.  What I have is a image object in its own model that is
being displayed and then also various other objects, contained in another
model,  such as text objects or polyline objects that are "on top" of the
image object.  When I try to select an object it seems that only my image
object is being selected.  What I want is one of the other objects to be
selected.  How do I get it so that the image object cannot be
selected?  This is my first attempt of working with object
graphics! Thanks for any help!

-- Mark

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Cor. 1:3