[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Standalone IDL applications?
- Subject: Standalone IDL applications?
- From: Michael Cugley <mjcugley(at)tigger.medschool.dundee.ac.uk>
- Date: 10 Jul 2000 11:06:39 +0100
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: The University, Dundee, DD1 4HN, Scotland, UK.
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:20164
I'm developing an IDL GUI application; it's pretty much finished, I'd
just like to turn it into a standalone application, mainly so my
supervisor can play with it without taking up IDL licences.
I've followed the instructions in the hyperhelp, using IDLDE,
compiling the project to a save file, and saving the runtime bits when
asked. The thing starts up as expected, but there's a problem. The
application is an image analysis one, and I can't seem to load in any
images. The DIALOGUE_READ_IMAGE comes up, and I can pick the image
and all (and a thumbnail appears), but then the application itself
doesn't actually recieve the image. No error messages.
Should this be important, it's IDL Version 5.3 on Sun Sparc Solaris.
Is this a licencing thing? Has anyone else had any experience in this
Michael Cugley (firstname.lastname@example.org)