[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
assignment inside boolean expression
- Subject: assignment inside boolean expression
- From: Patrick Broos <patb(at)astro.psu.edu>
- Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:52:32 -0400
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Penn State University, Astronomy Dept
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:20179
I was wondering if it's common knowlege that one can put an IDL
a boolean expression (like in the C language). For example
if (v = 0) then ... assigns v and does not execute the "then"
if (v = 1) then ... assigns v and does execute the then.
Just as in C I find this leads to really nasty bugs.
Patrick S. Broos, Systems Analyst/Programmer email@example.com
Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics My office 814-863-7947
Penn State University
525 Davey Lab FAX 814-863-8686
University Park, PA 16802-6305
http://www.astro.psu.edu Group office 863-9550