Re: Top 10 IDL Requests

David;

My request:  Full support for object visibility, and support for class
data and methods.  This includes the ability to make methods private and
data public.  I've had data structures that I'd like to implement, but
have been unable to really properly implement without either making a
method private, or without having access to class data (i.e., there's
just one instance of the data, and it's visible to all objects of that
type).  The particular example is the Singleton pattern from the book
"Design Patterns", by the "Gang of Four".  This is a great first book on
OO programming methodology, and this pattern has proven very valuable to
me.  I think IDL programmers would benefit from this type of support,
although I grant that it's one of those "under-the-hood" types of
changes that's not likely to get a lot of recognition from marketing
types.

Phillip