Re: Top 10 IDL Requests

Craig's suggestions aregreat and I strongly support them.

And I am still hoping for a way to get a executable out of my
IDL code after compiling without the trouble of setting up a
licensed runtime version for a demo or a student lab.

Theo

Craig Markwardt wrote:

> davidf@dfanning.com (David Fanning) writes:
> > ... I think Craig in particular should have a
> > look at the new curve fitting routines.
>
> That sounds great, although I'm pretty attached to my own MPFIT
> functions by now :-)
>
> As for my top ten wish list, you probably will wish I hadn't gotten
> started.  Okay here's my list.  It's more than ten, so I guess I'm
> already starting to compete with myself.  I focus mainly on the basic
> programming elements which need to be improved, rather than the
> feature-level stuff that we can program ourselves.
>
> * Arrays in structures can collapse to scalars?  A BUG!

>   "print" button right *on it*.
>
> Sorry for the long message, but you asked for it! :-)
>
> Constructively,
> Craig
>
> --
> Craig B. Markwardt, Ph.D.         EMAIL:    craigmnet@cow.physics.wisc.edu
> Astrophysics, IDL, Finance, Derivatives | Remove "net" for better response

Dr. Theo Brauers
Institut fuer Atmosphaerische Chemie (ICG-3)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
52425 JUELICH, Germany
Tel. +49-2461-61-6646    Fax. +49-2461-61-5346
http://www.kfa-juelich.de/icg/icg3/MITARBEITER/th.brauers.html