Re: Top 10 IDL Requests

I just thought I'd add my 2-penn'orth here.

(1) arrays of zero size. (Someone has already explained why.)

(2) Free or cheap 'at home' licenses for people who use IDL at work. I'm
    gradually abandoning IDL because my boss won't cough up UKP 1000 or so
    for me to have IDL on my home machine [1]

(3) More reliable support for different colour depths in X. Yorick and R
    do the right thing in 16-bit displays without you having to even think
    about it. Why doesn't this happen in a package you pay 1000 quid for?

(4) make sure support for Unix (including Linux) is maintained at the same
    level as support for WinDoze.

(6) Thats it.

Hugh

[1] No, I can't connect to the license server at work. We don't have free
    local phone calls in the YooKay

Hugh C. Pumphrey              |  Telephone 0131-650-6026
Department of Meteorology     |  FAX       0131-650-5780
The University of Edinburgh   |  Replace 0131 with +44-131 if outside U.K.
EDINBURGH EH9 3JZ, Scotland   |  Email     hcp@met.ed.ac.uk
OBDisclaimer: The views expressed herein are mine, not those of UofE.