Re: Data Miner

Hi:

I started a query on data miner a few days ago and I never got an
answer on that. Probably nobody is using this feature anyway.

Actually, I did some tests accessing Oracle8 through IDL5.3 (WinNT).
It works but some newer features of Oracle8i were not supported
mainly because of the Merant ODBC driver we use here. I also could
read and write M$ Excel and Access files through IDL but my goal is
to establish an interface to Oracle for IDL users.

Theo

PS: I am also still searching for some exchange of experience on the
data miner issue.

Andy Loughe wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It seems to me that very few people are using IDL Data Miner.
> Could someone prove me wrong and direct me to the experts?
>
> Does anyone know if Data Miner works with a product called mySQL?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> NOAA/OAR/FSL/AD   R/FS5  |  email: loughe@fsl.noaa.gov
> 325 Broadway             |  wwweb: www-ad.fsl.noaa.gov/users/loughe
> Boulder, CO  80305-3328  |  phone: 303-497-6211   fax: 303-497-6301

Dr. Theo Brauers
Institut fuer Atmosphaerische Chemie (ICG-3)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
52425 JUELICH, Germany
Tel. +49-2461-61-6646    Fax. +49-2461-61-5346
http://www.kfa-juelich.de/icg/icg3/MITARBEITER/th.brauers.html