[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Passing function to function called by qromb etc.?
- Subject: Passing function to function called by qromb etc.?
- From: jwilson(at)shifty.cs.colorado.edu (John Wilson)
- Date: 16 Aug 2000 11:53:09 -0700
- Distribution: us
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: University of Colorado, Boulder
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:20904
I would like to numerically integrate f(x) * x in IDL. This is coming
up within another function which takes the function f as one of its
parameters. What I would like to do is define a function xfx which
computes f(x) * x for a given x and call qromb with the function
xfx with a parameter of the function f. However, I cannot figure out
how to do this.
I thought of
return, call_function(func,x) * x
but that does not work. What I really need is a capability like the
bind argument facility of the STL.
John Wilson Department of Computer Science
email: firstname.lastname@example.org University of Colorado at Boulder
office phone: (303) 492-4740 Campus Box 430
office: CAPP Lab ECCS 112 (112c) Boulder, CO 80309-0430