Re: list widget

Hello,

Try  Selected = Widget_Info(MyWidgetList, /list_Select).  Selected should
contain the indices in the selection sorted in ascending order (even if
selected from the bottom up.)

It is appealing to make the INDEX value the list selection, but then it
would have to be variable in size.  Since the returned event is a named
structure, then the index field would have to be a pointer (so it could be
pointing to a scalar, an array, etc.)    If it was a pointer, then who is
responsible for cleaning it up and when?   You don't want to walk into
that pasture without stepping with great care.

I bumped into this just recently when writing a wrapper around the list
widget; I made the event structure with two special fields, Index0 (the
first index) and SelectN (the number of selections).

Its good to wax pragmatic.

Ben

--
Ben Tupper