Re: Structure field concatenation

Craig Markwardt (craigmnet@cow.physics.wisc.edu) writes:

> A few things from my experience.  First, creating and recreating
> structures appears to be a fairly expensive operation.  If you do it
> once in a while that's fine, but if you do it with huge arrays, or
> many times repetitively then you may start to feel the burn.

I'm not sure what you mean by "expensive" here.
But if you mean every time you want to add a new
field to the structure you spend an hour and a half
of your expensive time tracking down all the places
in your code where you are defining the structure,
then I agree with you.

I say define it once and be done with it. It
will make your code a LOT easier to maintain. :-)