[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: what happened to time/date functions?
- Subject: Re: what happened to time/date functions?
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 10:48:26 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:21248
Mirko Vukovic (email@example.com) writes:
> I'm runing idl 5.3.1 on windows nt, and cannot access
> the time and date functions introduced in 5.1.
> Am I on the correct planet, or have I missed something?.
No, Mirko, you've been in a time warp. Those things
disappeared in IDL 5.2. Not Y2K compatible, I guess. :-)
Check out the Label_Date function. And there are some
neat new things in IDL 5.4 (a TimeGen function, for
example). I think most everyone though is using the
date/time functions available on either the Johns
Hopkins Applied Physics Lab or NASA Astronomy ftp
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155