Re: what happened to time/date functions?

Mirko Vukovic (mvukovic@taz.telusa.com) writes:

> I'm runing idl 5.3.1 on windows nt, and cannot access
> the time and date functions introduced in 5.1.
>
> Am I on the correct planet, or have I missed something?.

No, Mirko, you've been in a time warp. Those things
disappeared in IDL 5.2. Not Y2K compatible, I guess. :-)

Check out the Label_Date function. And there are some
neat new things in IDL 5.4 (a TimeGen function, for
example). I think most everyone though is using the
date/time functions available on either the Johns
Hopkins Applied Physics Lab or NASA Astronomy ftp
sites.