Re: writing templates (from ASCII_TEMPLATE)

Hello,

A simple method is to use the SAVE procedure.  SAVE, mytemplate, File =
PathInfo+'mytemplate.tpl'

Later you can restore the template.   RESTORE, PathInfo +
'mytemplate.tpl'

It helps to name the SAVEd file with the name of the template
structure.  When it is RESTOREd, the structure is read into the variable
name it was SAVEd with.   (Much like living in FlatLand with 3d
creatures popping in and out!)   I believe that SAVEd data (such as the
template structure) can be read by any IDL platform and version but
SAVEd code cannot.

Ben

Jean-Marc nicolas wrote:

> Hello, all,
>
> How can I store an ascii file template (output from ASCII_TEMPLATE)
> without any considerations about the structure definition ?
>
> Thank you,
>
> JM
>
> --
> Jean-Marc NICOLAS
>
> Laboratoire d'Optique Atmospherique
> Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille
> Batiment P5
> 59655 VILLENEUVE D'ASCQ
> FRANCE
>
> Tel : (33) 03 20 43 67 08