Announcement from RSI

>> ANNOUNCEMENT <<

Posted on behalf of David M. Stern, Founder of RSI
  by Harold Cline, IDL Product Manager

 Kodak Announces Acquisition of Research Systems, Inc.,

 ROCHESTER, N.Y., and BOULDER, Colo., Sept., 25, 2000-Eastman Kodak
 Company's Commercial & Government Systems (C&GS) business unit and
 Research Systems, Inc., (RSI) today announced Kodak's acquisition of
 RSI, a leading designer of software used by scientists, engineers and
 others to extract information from images captured by sources such as
 satellites, aircraft and meteorological devices.

       Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. RSI is based in
 Boulder, Colorado and employs 140 people worldwide.  It will operate
 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Kodak as part of Kodak's C&GS business
 unit.

       RSI's software allows customers to "visualize" and interpret
 complex data collected from remote sensing platforms such as earth
 observation satellites and diagnostic instruments in a variety of
 applications. The union of RSI's products with C&GS government and
 commercial offerings will enable Kodak to win new business in such
 markets as engineering, meteorology, oceanography, physical sciences,
 insurance, construction, mineral exploration, medical and
 government. The RSI acquisition augments Kodak's extensive image
 analysis capabilities.

       "RSI's history of profitable growth, coupled with our
 imaging-as-information initiatives, will result in a powerful force in
 the remote sensing and imagery-derived information business," said
 Carl A. Marchetto, president of C&GS. "This will enable Kodak to
 provide complete end-to-end solutions to our customers who not only
 want the best imagery but also integrated tools to extract information
 as well.

       "Our joint efforts will ensure continued growth for both
 organizations in the market segments we share and in those we choose
 to pursue in the future," said Marchetto.  "There is significant value
 to be derived from information that is extracted from remotely sensed
 imagery and this is just one more step as we move to capitalize on
 that value for our customers and shareowners."  "We very much look
 forward to this new association with Kodak and we are pleased that we
 now will be able to more aggressively pursue growth opportunities
 which should take RSI to an even higher level of success in the
 marketplace," said David M. Stern, founder and chief technologist of
 RSI.

       RSI's key offerings include four market-leading products.  The
 company's flagship product, the Interactive Data Language (IDL), is a
 fourth generation software language for advanced scientific research.
 The Environment for Visualizing Images (ENVI) is a revolutionary image
 processing application supporting data analysis from broad spectral
 and radar sources.  RiverTools is a software tool kit used for digital
 analysis of terrain and river networks.  IDL On The Net (ION) is a
 sophisticated yet easy-to-use system that brings the power of RSI's
 software to the Internet.

       Kodak's C&GS unit provides innovative image information
 solutions to government agencies and commercial customers.  Examples
 include aerial imaging, digital imaging systems for commercial imaging
 satellites, and optical systems for land and space telescopes.  Kodak,
 based in Rochester, New York, is the world's biggest imaging company,
 with 1999 sales of $14.l billion, delivering "Images as Information".

Additional information will be available soon on
www.ResearchSystems.com,
or address specific questions to info@ResearchSystems.com.